So, let’s pedal power-up! You’ll cut your costs, emissions and keep fuel in the tank for the times it’s really worth it. Plus, when you get from A-B by bike, you exercise - doing your mind and body good along the way.
Commute like a pro with tips from Matt Jones
Matt Jones’ pro tips to get an old bike road ready
Why swap a drive for a ride?
Check your bike, it’s as easy as A,B,C
Biking-it Kit List
Bike lights & a bell
Bike lights are a legal requirement – fit white lights at the front, red at the back. Dawn, dusk, after-dark or in poor visibility, lights help you see your way and help other road users see you. Reflectors - red at the rear and amber on the pedals - are also required. New bikes come equipped with them and, if you lose one, it’s easy to replace. A bike bell is also recommended so you can alert people to your presence.
Know your cycling Highway Code
Other ways to make a journey differently
- The promoter
The promoter is Esso Petroleum Company, Limited of Ermyn House, Ermyn Way, Leatherhead, Surrey, KT22 8UX (the “Promoter”).
- The competition
2.1 The title of the competition is “E-bike Prize Draw”
2.2 There is an electric bike to be won every day for the duration of the competition. To enter, complete and submit the online entry form on the website here: https://www.pages06.net/exxonmobil/PrizeDraw/
- How to enter
3.1 The competition will run daily. Entry is open from 0:00 to 23:59 each day (the "Drawing Period") from 29th March 2023 to 27th June 2023 inclusive (the “Competition Period”).
3.2 To enter the competition, submit the online entry form provided at https://www.pages06.net/exxonmobil/PrizeDraw/ by the end of a Drawing Period.
3.3 Only one entry is required to participate. On submitting the online entry form you will be entered into the prize draw for the Drawing Period in which your entry is validly received and each subsequent Drawing Period until the earlier of you winning the prize for a Drawing Period and the final Drawing Period on 28th June 2023.
3.4 The prize draw is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
3.5 The Promoter will not accept:
(a) responsibility for competition entries that are submitted incorrectly, lost, corrupted or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind; or
(b) proof of submission online as proof of receipt of entry to the competition.
3.6 If you subscribe to marketing emails as part of entering the competition, you can subsequently unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions given in the accompanying emails. Signing up to marketing emails is optional and is not part of the competition. Signing up does not result in any advantage or disadvantage to a participant.
3.7 By submitting a competition entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
4.1 The competition is only open to all residents in the UK aged 18 years or over, except:
(a) employees of the Promoter or its holding or subsidiary companies;
(b) employees of agents or suppliers of the Promoter or its holding or subsidiary companies, who are professionally connected with the competition or its administration; or
(c) members of the immediate families or households of (a) and (b) above.
4.2 In entering the competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim the prize. The Promoter may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter.
4.3 Only one entry to the competition is permitted per person throughout the Competition Period. Second or subsequent entries with the same e-mail address and/or name will be disqualified.
4.4 The Promoter reserves all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the prize competition.
- The prize
5.1 The prize is an electric bike and one is available to be won every day throughout the Competition Period.
5.2 Participants are limited to winning a maximum of one prize throughout the Competition Period. If a participant wins a prize then their entry will be withdrawn from all future Drawing Periods and they will not be eligible to enter the competition again.
5.3 Prizes are subject to availability and in the event that the prizes offered are unavailable due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control, the Promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
5.4 The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
6.1 The winners will be chosen by computer algorithm to award one prize per day of the competition. The winners will be drawn every Wednesday for each Drawing Period in the preceding week (the “Draw”).
6.2 Within 7 days of the Draw, the winners will be notified by e-mail by Esso (the “Organiser”). Each winner will need to follow the instructions in the notification message to claim the prize and reply with all required information including their full name and postal address. The Organiser must have received all the required information, including the winner's full name and postal address, within 14 days of first notification.
6.3 In the event that the claim for the prize is not received by the Organiser or if the winner fails to provide all required information including a full name and valid address for the delivery of the prize within 14 days of first notification, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw their prize entitlement and select an alternative winner.
6.4 The prize will be dispatched within 28 days from the date of the Organiser verifying the winner and receiving the winner’s prize acceptance and all information required under 6.2 above.
6.5 No responsibility will be taken by the Promoter if a winner is not able to collect a prize for any reason and howsoever arising.
6.6 The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
6.7 The winners agree to the use of their name and disclosure of county of residence and will co-operate with any other reasonable requests by the Promoter relating to any post-winning publicity.
- Limitation of liability
Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- Data protection and publicity
The Promoter will only process your personal information as set out in ExxonMobil’s Privacy Statement at http://corporate.exxonmobil.com/en/global-legal-pages/privacy-policy. See also 6.7 with regard to the announcement of winners.
9.1 If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in the competition.
9.2 The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the prize competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
9.3 These terms and conditions are governed by English law. If any entrants to this promotion wish to take court proceedings, then they must do this within the courts in the United Kingdom.
How to enter
It couldn’t be easier...
- Scan your Nectar card and make a Qualifying Purchase between 00:01 on 29 March 2023 to 23:59 on 27 June 2023 inclusive at an Esso branded petrol station that participates in the Nectar scheme.
- Alternatively, if there is a valid Nectar card linked to your Esso App account you can make a Qualifying Purchase using the Esso App at Esso branded petrol stations participating in the Nectar scheme.
- A Qualifying Purchase is any purchase of 1 litre or more of Esso fuel in a single transaction on which Nectar points are earned at participating Esso branded petrol stations (other exclusions also apply, see terms & conditions below and at nectar.com and any minimum purchase requirements at the participating Esso branded petrol station).
Terms and Conditions
- This promotion is open to all Nectar collectors resident in the United Kingdom who make a Qualifying Purchase between 00:01 on 29 March 2023 to 23:59 on 27 June 2023.
- To enter the promotion, simply make a Qualifying Purchase by buying 1 litre or more of Esso fuel in a single transaction at participating Esso branded petrol stations that accept the Nectar card and scan your Nectar card at the time of payment. Alternatively, pay for your Qualifying Purchase using the Esso App at Esso branded petrol stations participating in the Nectar scheme. For Esso App purchases the Nectar card must be added to the Esso App account prior to the transaction.
- Nectar point bonuses will only be awarded to the registered account holder of the Nectar card presented at the time of the Qualifying Purchase.
- A Nectar point bonus will be allocated by computer algorithm to award a prize of 10,000 points to a promotion participant every day during the promotion period.
- Bonus Nectar points are non-transferable and there are no cash or prize alternatives available. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right to offer alternative prizes of equal or greater value.
- A receipt will print at the till point (or be available on your Esso App account) confirming when a Nectar point bonus prize has been won. Nectar point bonus prizes will be awarded automatically and should appear on the registered Nectar holder’s account within 7 days. The Promoter may publish the site location where the Nectar point bonus prizes were won, but will not publish any personal information about the winning Nectar holder without obtaining (via Nectar) the winning Nectar holder’s prior written permission. The Promoter will only process personal information in accordance with ExxonMobil’s Privacy Statement: http://corporate.exxonmobil.com/en/global-legal-pages/privacy-policy.
- Any Nectar collector who has received a receipt confirming their Nectar point bonus prize but has not received the Nectar points indicated within the time frames detailed above should contact Nectar customer care at www.nectar.com/contact. The Promoter will not accept responsibility for any receipts that are lost or mislaid.
- Participants in this promotion should ensure that their Nectar card is registered with Nectar and includes current address details.
- One entry per Qualifying Purchase. In the event that additional bonus Nectar points are incorrectly awarded, then the Promoter reserves the right to correct the error by debiting those Nectar points from the registered Nectar holder’s account.
- Employees of the Promoter, Nectar Loyalty Ltd or any subsidiary, third party company or agency directly connected with the creation and administration of this promotion may only participate in this promotion when being issued Nectar points on personal purchases. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants.
- Acceptance of these terms and conditions is a condition of entry. The Nectar terms and conditions available at https://www.nectar.com/about/privacy-and-legal/terms-of-use also apply to this promotion and the use of the Nectar card. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to debit the Nectar point bonus prize from the registered Nectar holder’s account.
- The Promoter’s decision is binding and final on all matters relating to this promotion and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter is Esso Petroleum Company, Limited.
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, suspend or change the promotion at any stage where it becomes necessary to do so (including, but not limited to suspension arising out of non-availability of the App or technical failure generally or at a particular site). For the avoidance of doubt, cancellation, termination or suspension by the Promoter of this promotion shall not entitle an entrant to any claim or compensation from the Promoter or any ExxonMobil group companies for any and all losses or damage suffered or incurred by an entrant as a direct or indirect result.
- These terms and conditions are governed by English law. If any participants to this promotion wish to take court proceedings, then they must do this within the courts in the United Kingdom.